Our modern world of science and technology is coming up with some mind boggling work that can transform our lives in the next 10-20 years. Here are some of the technology that are either already in use or may become a reality in the future.
1) The invisible cloak: The invisible cloak is getting closer to reality. Scientists at the University of Texas in Austin have demonstrated making a 3D object in free space invisible by using the plasmonic technique. To read more about this research click on the following link – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16726609
2) Driverless car: Google, GM, BMW and Toyota are already testing out their versions of autonomous vehicles and Nevada in the US became the first state to authorize driverless vehicles. Click on the following link to read more – http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/21/10460103-nevada-first-state-to-authorize-driverless-cars
3) Stem cells to grow organs like heart, lungs & liver: A lot of work is being done to grow organs using stem cells. Read about some of this work by clicking on the following link – http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120213185441.htm
4) Waterproof clothing: Imagine wearing clothes that do not get wet in the rain. Ross Nanotechnology Corp. has demonstrated their product ‘NeverWet’ . Read more about it here – http://z6mag.com/science/waterproof-iphone-waterproof-clothing-neverwet-makes-it-real-163096.html
5) Robotics: Great progress has been achieved in the field of robotics. The latest robots can mimic human behaviour. To find out more click on this link – http://physicsinventions.com/index.php/human-like-robots-to-mimic-human-facial-expressions/
6) Dynamic Architecture: Have you seen buildings in motion that can change their shape. The rotating tower – a revolutionary architecture by Dr. David Fischer allows the building to adjust to the sun, wind, weather and views by rotating each floor separately. Click on the following link to read more – http://unusual-architecture.com/rotating-tower-dubai-uae/
7) Bionic Hand: A bionic hand has motors on each finger and can mimic to a great extent our actual movement and grip. Read more about this technology by clicking the following link – http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/minn-man-1st-u-s-civilian-to-get-new-bionic-hand/