Go – fly a kite!
Flying a kite is so relaxing. The last time we flew a kite at Woodlands Waterfront. As I watched the kite flying high in the sky, I thought of how similar flying a kite is to our lives.
- When you are young you need support: Initially, your parents help you to stand on your feet and guide you until you are a teenager. In the same manner, you need some help with the kite to get it off the ground into the air
- Fly high in search of your goals: When there is wind (opportunity) one must fully apply oneself to ones ambitions and soar as high as possible. When the kite is flying freely it teaches us to reach for the skies.
- Get a holistic view: The view of the kite from above is a birds eye view. It teaches us not to rush in making lifes important decisions. It is important to get a holistic view and do proper planning in life.
- Ups and downs are part of life: When the kite is taking off, it experiences a lot of turbulence and swings from side to side and may even fall down to the ground. This teaches us that ups and downs are part and parcel of life and that we have to pull ourselves together and make a renewed effort if we are to succeed in life.
- Tugging the string teaches us to focus: As we soar in search of our goals, it is important to keep our focus. If our thoughts stray, then we will lose our focus. Thus, it is important to tug at the string if we observe that the kite is straying.
- Rolling the string: However high we go in life, we have to remember to stay humble and come back to earth to take care of our loved ones. So, at the end of the day we roll back the kite
So, the next time someone tells you to Go – fly a kite – You can tell them that you are going to do just that!